Want to be part of an exciting and dynamic science festival in India?
Look no further!
Since 2019, the India Science Festival (ISF), flagship event of Foundation for Advancing Science and Technology (FAST India) has endeavoured to serve as a platform for deeper engagement between scientists, researchers, professionals, entrepreneurs, young people and the public at large. At ISF, we wish to have the public involved in the latest in science and get actors across S&T sectors to discuss, collaborate and progress together. Our festival features high quality and engaging popular science talks, panel discussions, fireside chats and a variety of exciting workshops, exhibits, demonstrations, competitions, contests and games – all of which are free to attend.
After three editions of the festival (one on-ground and two online), we are now gearing up for the next one, to be held in Hyderabad in January 2023.
ISF is looking for dynamic and creative young individuals who are keen to explore program management and digital communications within a science festival set-up and can work in an intense but highly rewarding environment.
The internship provides students, early career science engagement professionals and science enthusiasts, an excellent opportunity to hone their skills and delve deep into the world of science engagement and festivals. This is an in-person internship.
- The intern will get to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with an energetic and enthusiastic team, passionate about science communication and public engagement.
- The intern will be expected to assist the team in digital communication, stakeholder liaison, program curation, fund-raising, project and event management.
- The internship will have to engage with diverse stakeholders that include but won’t be limited to scientists, researchers, science communicators, media professionals, entrepreneurs, etc.
- The intern will participate in company meetings, brainstorming sessions, external stakeholder meetings, etc.
Note: The interns will be assigned responsibilities based on their interest and skill sets.
Number of internships and duration:
- Two full-time internships based at FAST India’s office in New Delhi.
- Internship will start on 1st August 2022 till 31st October 2022 (3 months) – extendable based on performance.
- A stipend of INR 15,000 per month will be provided
- Any costs incurred for inter-city travel/stay for ISF or any other pre-fest event will be covered by FAST India.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Students (undergraduate/postgraduate/ PhD), early career science communication or public engagement professionals or anyone interested in gaining experience in these fields.
- A background in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) subjects, communication/marketing-related and design-related subjects is desirable, but not necessary.
- Prior experience in organising events or social media is not essential but will be a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; good email writing skills and proficiency in English is a must.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude and openness to learning.
- Open to Indian nationals only
- No age limit
- As this is a paid internship, candidates must be eligible for receiving payments and, therefore, should not be bound under contracts with other organisations.
|Call for applications||Friday, 1st July 2022|
|Deadline for applications||Friday, 15th July 2022|
|Assignments to be completed by shortlisted candidates||Week of 18th July 2022|
|Interviews and selection||Week of 25th July 2022|
|Internship start date||Monday, 1st August 2022|
Applications will only be accepted through the application portal, starting on 1st of July 2022.
Early applications are encouraged. Shortlisted applicants will be sent an assignment, and will thereafter be invited for online interviews.
- Adequate support and guidance will be provided to the intern by the ISF organising team for the duration of the internship.
- The intern is expected to keep the SciComm team updated on progress and development; challenges and successes.
- While the working hours would be flexible, the intern is expected to attend team meetings and complete the assigned work as per the schedule.
- Any delays in deliverables should be promptly conveyed to the team.
- The discussions that take place with the ISF team and/or any official documents/assets shared during the period of the internship should be kept confidential, except advised or permitted by the SciComm team.
- Each candidate is allowed to submit only one application.
- Eligibility does not guarantee placement.
- We receive a high volume of applications and will endeavour to reply to all applicants. However, if you don’t hear from us within 4 weeks of the application deadline, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful this time.
- This internship programme will not be able to cater to remote/WFH applicants.
- The decision taken by the organisation is final and binding.